Surveying and Mapping, LLC (SAM)
SAM Companies is recognized as the industry’s technology leader in providing geospatial solutions and construction services on a national scale. Our staff encompasses 1,000+ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are deploying the latest industry technology and changing the way data is collected and delivered in our industry.
Your Impact at SAM:
The Staff Surveyor is responsible for supervising a team of technicians and field crews to complete large-scale survey projects in accordance with the project schedule. This role will coordinate with other Project Surveyors and teams to execute project scope and schedule as established by the Project Manager.
• Coordinate with other professional surveyors and teams to execute project scope and schedule as established by the Project Manager
• Supervise technicians and field crews to complete large-scale projects
• Serve as the client contact for SAM and signing and sealing plats and drawings
• Mentor and train a team of technicians on state survey requirements and QA/QC processes
• Perform other tasks as assigned to help accomplish the Company’s strategic goals
What You Bring to SAM:
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently execute professional land survey tasks
• Demonstrated experience in project/phase management for large-scale survey projects
• Strong technical skill set, including AutoCAD and MS Office
• Professional Land Surveyor License
• Hybrid work schedules for office positions – Work-life balance is on us
• Company paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance (HSA and FSA plans available)
• Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays and parental leave) – Accrual starts immediately
• 401(k) program offers 100% employer match up to 4%
• Employee Assistance Program – Your mental health is our priority
• Tuition reimbursement
• No glass ceiling! Truly a place to spread your wings (Ask about our Career Pathing!)
• Trainings throughout the year – Specialized in-house trainings programs designed to assist you in advancing in your career
• Office snacks, free food and fun-themed events for employees throughout the year
• Passion for our Community – You have endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers with our Corporate Social Responsibility Program
Our entrepreneurial culture is a key factor in SAM being recognized as a Top Workplace for nine consecutive years, and we make it our mission to ensure every one of our employees learns how to build and manage a business, not just be the subject matter expert on the team. At SAM, our employee’s development is instrumental to our success. Your learning will be supported by specialized in-house training programs and mentoring by the industry’s leading experts, who just happen to be on our staff! We make SAM a GREAT place to work, but it all starts with YOU!
EEO SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. SAM also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.
To apply follow the link to our company website https://careers.sam.biz/jobs/5108?lang=en-us