This organization was formed to:
- Protect and benefit the general public through the development of principles of practice conforming to recognized ethical codes and
- Guide the Professional Surveyor to practice the profession in accordance with the Surveyor’s Pledge;
- Protect the inherent rights of those engaged in the profession;
- Promote the advancement of professional surveying;
- Promote educational programs for the advancement of those engaged in the profession;
- Promote cooperation and act as liaison among groups of professional societies representing related professional fields.
As a professional organization, PLSO provides a forum to:
- Express personal, professional and community opinions at local and state levels;
- Educate the general public about the services, activities and legal standards required of the Professional Surveyor;
- Present the unified voice of the profession aimed at bettering our community, our profession and ourselves.
PLSO recognizes the aims and goals of its affiliate societies which are common to its own and pledges its support toward their achievement.
PLSO Past Presidents and Chairmen
PLSO State Officers, Staff and Committee Chairs
Constitution and Bylaws Jan 2014
PLSO history according to A.O. Myers
PLSO membership brochure
Land Surveying in Ohio public education brochure
PLSO Presents several awards each year at the PLSO Annual Conference. Click on the award type below for a list of recipients and links to their nomination information (when available).
Member of the Year Recipients
Surveyor of the Past Recipients