Senior Project Surveyor
Davey Resource Group
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc. (WSSI) is a division of Davey Resource Group Inc. (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. DRG - Environmental Consulting specializes in Professional Surveying and Civil Engineering throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused on the nation's construction and infrastructure. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for our clients nationwide. WSSI is currently seeking a Project Surveyor to join our team in Sharon Center, Ohio. The ideal candidate will be licensed with 10+ years' experience in field and office surveying practices and techniques.
Primary responsibilities of the position will include management of all survey projects, staff and job coordination, marketing, developing and maintaining client relationships, proposal preparation, and project scoping and budgeting. The successful candidate will be able to perform and manage all tasks related to surveying projects including Civil 3D drafting; boundary surveys; plat recordation; legal descriptions; topographic, construction, and bathymetric surveys and associated computations; and wetland and stream surveys.
- Ensures compliance with DRG Policies and Procedures.
- Fosters collaborative and partnering relationships with field operations and management team to deliver successful projects
- Participate in proposal and bid development as required.
- Responsible for overall project management and customer management for a contract with a major telecommunications customers.
- Responsible for constructability analysis & engineering planning verification produced by the customer
- Serve as the single point of contact, establishing, nurturing, and managing customer expectations regarding the project performance and building long-term relationships for the Company.
- Direct supervision of project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, cost, and customer satisfaction) to meet or beat target goals.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate document retention process
- Responsible for data integrity and timely reporting to management
- Accountable for timely billing to customers, including receiving payment
- Ability to travel to job sites during the project performance period.
- College Diploma, Certificate/Degree, or related education in Surveying and/or CADD
- OH Licensed Surveyor
- 10+ years of progressive surveying/drafting work experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Working knowledge of modern survey methods
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
- Good working knowledge of Windows Explorer, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with respect to projects, CAD standards, etc. to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work overtime regularly
- Strong attention to details while maintaining a consistent workflow
- Ability to work under minimal supervision & resolve issues independently based on project/company standards
- Willingness/ability to expand knowledge of CAD and design abilities through training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, provides a full range of natural and cultural resource consulting services. Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement available. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or apply to the link below: